Hypnotherapy is a brief therapy used to help people create rapid cognitive and behavioral changes. It can be used to treat a variety of ailments such as anxiety, addiction, phobias, and pain. Hypnotherapy engages the unconscious mind, where deep-seated beliefs and behaviours reside.
The unconscious is a reservoir of thoughts, feelings, motivations and memories outside of conscious awareness. People often believe they are driven by their conscious thoughts, but cognitive research shows that people acquire, and register, more information through unconscious mechanisms than through conscious thought alone.
Sometimes intellectualising our life challenges through talk therapy does not lead to change or resolution. This is when Hypnotherapy is useful; when you've analysed your challenge on a conscious level (you understand your situation logically) yet you still haven't managed to commit to change.
There are many traditional, holistic therapies that help people resolve challenges on an unconscious level. Hypnotherapy is but one of many traditional healing modalities available for uncovering, and resolving inner conflict, and discomfort.
Below is a list of cues that can help you in deciphering whether Hypnotherapy can help you.
- You would like to better manage your stress or anxiety
- You have trouble sleeping and/or relaxing
- You want to quit smoking
- You wish to meet new athletic or sporting goals
- You have a deep fear or phobia that you would like to overcome
- You experience chronic pain or discomfort and wish to avoid medications
- Life seems to be missing that special something
- You binge eat
- You wish to find your purpose
- You enjoy meditation and savasana
- You would like to improve your confidence
- You would like to find a special love but you keeping meeting the wrong people
- You have unresolved grief
- You would like to be more creative
- You wish to explore the chakra system
- You often get frustrated and/or feel angry
- You sense there's more to you and your life, and you're ready to find out what that something is
- You wish to explore meeting your angels or guides
- You wish to explore abstract regression (past-life regression)
If you answered "yes" to some, or many, of these points, I invite you to explore what is fundamentally the most mysterious, and potent part of your psyche - the creative, unconscious mind.